- Internal memos show ANZ considered fees as revenue
Federal Court documents show the ANZ bank knew as far back as 2006 that it would need to adjust the fees it charged customers, or risk being exposed to legal action and growing consumer anger.
- Mandela: Beacon of hope, never short of a joke
As if being an anti-apartheid hero wasn't enough, Nelson Mandela also had an enviable sense of humour.
- Drug could halve risk of breast cancer: study
Western Australian researchers say the results of an international study into reducing breast cancer risk could save lives.
- Islamist leader hanged in Bangladesh for war crimes
Bangladesh executes Islamist opposition leader Abdul Kader Mullah for war crimes in a move likely to set off violent protests.
- Indian hit-and-run driver faces extradition hearing
An Indian man who fled Australia after a hit-and-run killing five years ago is expected to face an extradition hearing today in New Delhi.
- Home insulation scheme Royal Commission set up
The Royal Commission into the former government's home insulation scheme has been officially set up.