- Powdered alcohol condemned as company seeks US approval
Powdered alcohol is seeking approval for sale in the United States, sparking alarm from alcohol policy researchers.
- Chemo researchers 'discover immune cells on/off switch'
Queensland researchers say they have discovered how to put key immune cells to sleep during chemotherapy, and wake them when they are needed to fight infection.
- Sydney FC sack Frank Farina
Sydney FC have sacked coach Frank Farina after the Sky Blues' exit from the A-League finals.
- Poor weather forces suspension of MH370 air search for second day
Planes have been grounded for a second day as poor weather hampers search efforts for missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370.
- Reserve Bank unlikely to shift from neutral stance despite the Treasurer's displeasure
Today's lower-than-expected inflation reading is not low enough to force the Reserve Bank to change tack on rates, even if that is what the Treasurer would like it to do.
- Canadian woman receives letter 45 years later
A letter has mysteriously arrived in the mailbox of a Canadian woman 45 years after it was sent by her younger sister.